What We Do
We monitor and ensure all basic services are working including email, FTP, SSH, web serving and the services provided by our providers. Please let us know via our Support System if you feel any service is not working and we will investigate and log a ticket with the relevant provider.
We will maintain and secure all server software, such as Apache, MySQL/MariaDB, and PHP. We will control and determine the version and configuration of software on our servers in order to best deliver services to all of our customers. As a result, software we have installed may not always be the latest version available or be compatible with your own software, especially if you are running outdated or custom scripts.
We will monitor and maintain all of the server hardware. In the event of a hardware failure, we will replace any faulty hardware as soon as possible.
What We Don’t Do (You Need to Do)
We’re here to help you host your websites and to that end, we’ll bend over backwards for you.
However, we aren’t your tech support or web designer, and we aren’t here to help you debug and troubleshoot issues related with scripts or web applications including WordPress or issues caused by WordPress themes or plugins.
You are responsible for:
- Maintaining adequate backups of your web sites that are hosted outside of your hosting account, eg using UpdraftPlus to upload a backup of your WordPress site to Dropbox.
- Registering and renewing domain names in line with the guidelines of the relevant registry including providing valid contact information
- Domain name changes including setting Name Servers if you do not register your domain name through us
- Email client configuration: We can assist you supplying the basic settings for using an email account with your preferred mail client, such as Microsoft Outlook or Apple Mail. You can also retrieve this information from within your hosting account’s cPanel. However, we cannot assist you in any advanced configuration or troubleshooting, such as spam filtering. This also includes troubleshooting issues related to running an outdated Operating System or version of the Email client.
- FTP client configuration
- Scripts & Applications: You are fully responsible for the installation and operation of any and all scripts and applications that you wish to host in your account. You are responsible for taking appropriate security actions to prevent those scripts from being hacked and used for phishing or sending spam emails. We will not troubleshoot or provide any support relating to malfunctioning scripts or applications. You are responsible for maintaining the latest version of any and all scripts and applications. This is a policy we must strictly adhere to.
To provide a strong and sustainable hosting option for all our customers we will vigorously stick to this Support Policy.